Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tuesday

My sister called from her cell yesterday: she had cysts.
I never thought I would be so elated to hear "I have cysts," but I was euphoric.

I sort of celebrated in my own way by going to see the Twilight Singers at Sokol. For those who are unfamiliar with the band, it's a makeup of Afghan Whigs singer Greg Dulli and Mark Lanegan. Dulli was his charismatic best while Lanegan's presence was the type of presence that he could get a crowd in a frenzy, but not move a muscle and barely raise an eyelid on the stage.

I went solo. The few friends I have that know who Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli were had to work early, so they skipped out. Few social outings are more awkward than going to a concert alone. If you were to look at Sokol Underground through a petri dish, you would see clusters of two and four, ambling their way between the bar, the restrooms and the stage.

I wasn't about to let the fact that I was going alone prevent me from seeing The Twilight Singers. There are some shows that you don't miss - regardless of your social status. Still, it was like a flashback to high school dances and parties.

Good show though...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dance Hall Hips said...

Not quite sure if you were using sarcasm or not, but either way, I enjoyed it. Keep up the reading!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home