Monday, October 23, 2006

Man tits don't make great advertising

First off, I'm coming off a writer's high from seeing David Sedaris speak at the Orpheum. His timing is amazing. I won't lessen the moment by trying to recreate some of his best moments, so I'll just say by all means - see him live.

So, I went to work this morning and checked my Yahoo mail after checking out Pitchforkmedia and Popmatters (waiting for their reviews of the new My Chemical Romance album - NY Times and Rolling Stone have already crowned it one of the best albums of the year - something I never would have imagined two years ago) - and I saw the ad for the new Yahoo. It features a guy covered with hair and while shaving, he decides to shake the hair off of his pale, flabby chest. For someone who's just waking up and having a queasy stomach, I'm wondering who the hell at Yahoo thought this was effective advertising.

Yes, there are some scum advertising exes out there that say "If you remember it, it did its job and thus it's good." Those are the people who diminish my faith in humanity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home