Friday, September 29, 2006

Weekend

Anxiously awaiting for Blogger to get some of the bugs from its Beta version ironed out - like being able to post videos from YouTube and GoogleVideo (ironic being that your new log on name for Blogger is based on your Gmail addy).

I had a job interview that went amazingly well today - dude lined up two more interviews next week. I've been listening to a lot of "sad bastard" music at my current job. Favorite song of the week: Aimee Mann's "I've Had It."

Part of me does feel a bit reluctant to take on a new job. I've got a ton of deadlines - as does the other writer. I would also like to make it to that golden "one year" mark that's always nice to have on resumes. My resume has one '5 year' entry and one '3 year' entry - and the 3 year was a startup that shed 40 percent of its staff - and I managed to survive that. But if I plan on leaving in May, that decent run of stability is going to have two 'six month' jobs.

The meeting today was great - with another journalist turned tech writer. Both of us were laughing about how we so wanted to get into journalism, but the basic shit pay for most papers kept us in the geek field of tech writing. The company is awesome - it has won a slew of "best companies to work for" awards and has even been mentioned in Fortune 500.

The job would be close to my brother's - where I could, in fact, give dog ownership another shot - since he said he could watch him or her. But I know this is not the route to go as long as I have an apartment. Plus, I know getting a dog to lift your spirits is about as successful as trying to get into a relationship to boost your esteem. Just doesn't work.

Ideal situation would be to stick this job out until May and get the hell out of here. But I don't know if I can stand another week in this job. I know going to another technical writing job may put me in the same state I am now, but not moving is right now a worse option than taking a risk and moving.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy Desert said...

Good luck with your job search. I've always found that to be one of the least pleasant things to do in life.

I'm kind of in the same situation, by the way. I had a pretty good interview on Tuesday morning. I'm still working at the film festival, but I'm just keeping the options open, as they say.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home