Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Shaken out of complacency

So - I'm supposed to be doing some research for a freelance story. I've went on and on about how I want to get out of the area I'm in now. At 10:30 - in comes an email from Bend, Oregon. They want to fly me out there. For an interview. Rental car, hotel, plane. EVERYTHING.

My stomach is churning. My mind is buzzing and my palms are sweating. And I need to be in bed in about 30 minutes. Ok, ok - first off - all you one romantics out there that read my Blog - take serious note - this is some serious shit. I'm making a comfortable wage in Omaha. This job in Bend is a journalism job. I would be making...roughly 2/3 of what I'm making now. 2/3 is a lot. I can't get sick up there. I can't get a newer car. BUT - it is my profession. And I was always able to make it when I was in Tucson at $10 an hour as an intern.

So - that's the point. I can truely MAKE it here if I learn to love this place called Omaha. If I learned how to cope better with my mom's selfishness and some of my friends' taunts that I'll never leave this state. I can even do freelance if I tried a lot harder. But I'm 31. This may be my only shot...

Oh - here's some pics from my trip to the French Laundry and San Francisco...

contemplating a swim...















Nothing like dinner atthe French Lau...















'splorin'















Oh, oh - you've never seen this before - here's a shot of us going over the Golden Gate bridge...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home