Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snow

I'm watching the Saints/Eagles game right now with three minutes left in the game and a catastrophic turnover may have cost the Saints their storybook season.

I'm waiting for snow to blanket Omaha. Tomorrow is the return of 24. Needless to say, things are a bit slow now. One thing I love about winter is the music associated with snowstorms. I was at the Blue Line Coffee House this morning with headphones donned - working a New York Times crossword puzzle and thinking about the perfect soundtrack to a snowstorm that pretty much confides you to your apartment:

Bjork - Homogenic
Sigur Ros - ( )
Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind
The Arcade Fire - Funeral

2 Comments:

Blogger Troy Desert said...

Funny, there was snow and ice all over Austin this week, and I also thought of listening to Bjork. But the Vespertine album seems closer to this weather if you ask me. It's so intimate and close-up. 'Coccoon' is one of the most beautiful songs ever. I don't allow myself to listen to it because it reminds me of things....

3:23 PM  
Blogger TransformerGeek said...

That's what I was reading (on BBC.com of all places). Hope everything is going cool there. I just applied for a job there since my lease is expiring in 60 days.
ANYWAY - yeah, 'Vespertine' is absolutely beautiful, but it pretty much emulates a woman who is almost euphorically in love. I guess I've been too bitter for the past two years to really appreciate the album.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home