Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Job opportunity (with costs)

I saw a reporting job in Oregon that I stand a good chance of getting. The only problem is that it pays about 2/3 of what I get paid now. That's bad. But, because I'm in a wee higher tax bracket, I'll probably not miss the paycheck as much with a lower tax bracket. I'm concerned about moving somewhere where I'll know one or two people by general association, but absolutely no one (immediately) in the "help, my car just broke down, can I bum a ride?" help.

I've been out of the game for so long, except for here and there freelance jobs. I have four more months on my lease. Still, when I was checking out in Whole Foods (a luxury I will NOT have at this job), I saw two magazines - one said "Life's too Short!" one said "the Dream Issue!" I know I'm looking for a sign - so that may have been a stretch. Still, it was right in front of me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Splash said...

You should go for it. I've moved around a lot over the years, and ultimately returned to Omaha. But, I am glad for the time away. The money is a tough adjustment, but when you are doing something you like, the money becomes less of an issue.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home