Friday, August 25, 2006

Detoxed (not really)

Well, emerged from the one-week detox plan.
The good news - I think I'm finally ready to go to one cup of coffee a day. Sorry, I refuse to give up coffee. There are way too many awesome blends to deny yourself (unless you absolutely have to).

Otherwise - after two days - a mix of tomatoes, cilantro, spinach and spinach is really vile. But I honestly feel a lot better and the past week at work, I think my productivity has improved. I've also noticed my journaling was sharper. Of course, a lot of that detox went by the wayside last night when I went on a 20-mile bike ride with a few friends - we made a pit stop at this dive steak house and I had three tacos and three glasses of beer. Needless to say, riding back was fun during 80-percent humidity.

Saturday I'm catching Frank Black play an acoustic show at Sokol. Thank god I checked this out. I was so used to having to go to shows on Sunday, I pretty much was convinced this show was a Sunday show for the past month.

Friday list...
"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" - The Beatles **
"Ice Cream" - Raekwon ****
"Strange Religion" - Mark Lanegan **** (so close to *****)
"You're a Big Girl Now" - Bob Dylan ****
"Speak Ya Clout" - Gang Starr (feat. Jeru The Damaja & Lil Dap) ****
"Cautious Man" - Bruce Springsteen ***
"The Mercy Seat" - Bruce Springsteen ***
"Posed to Death" - The Calculators **
"Life During Wartime" - Talking Heads *****
"The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight" - R.E.M. ***
"Sweet Jane (live)" - The Velvet Underground *** (sorry, Velvets, just have heard this song in way too many versions)
"Speaking Confidentially" - Cowboy Junkies ***
"Tony's Theme" - Pixies ****
"99 Problems" - DJ Danger Mouse ****
"Flip Flop Rock" - Outkast (feat. Killer Mike & Jay Z) ***
"Resolution" - Thievery Corporation ***
"Down in a Rabbit Hole" - Bright Eyes ***
"Les Yper-Sound" - Stereolab ***
"Budo" - Miles Davis *****
"I'm Cool (interlude)" - Outkast ** (iPod's been fairly sub-par this afternoon)
"Holy" - Eagle*Seagull ****
Out of Egypt, Into the Great Laugh of Mankind ,And I Shake The Dirt From My Sandals as I Run" *** Sufjan Stevens(I'm docking Sufjan a star just for making me type all of this out)
"Bled White" - Elliott Smith *****
"Pictures of Me" - Elliott Smith *****
"Credit is Due" - Gang Starr ***
"I Won't Let Me" - Descendents ***
"Saint Simon" - The Shins *** (one of their weaker tracks, IMO)
"Ring on the Sill" - Cowboy Junkies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home