Thursday, August 17, 2006

Jarvis Cocker's summer anthem

If you haven't heard Jarvis Cocker's (of Pulp fame) gorgeous, bitter new song "Running the World", by all means, check it out on his MySpace web page...
http://myspace.com/jarvspace

The song can be purchased on iTunes (the UK store, sorry, U.S. residents) or I also found this nice site...
http://jamiesrunoutgroove.blogspot.com/2006/07/mp3-jarvis-cocker-certain-people-are.html

The somber piano chords almost justify the purchase of this song, but the lyrics and Cocker's voice put this ahead of Gnarles Barkley's "Crazy" as "THE" song for the summer. True, I'm more of a partly cloudy person than most, but with all the news that has happened, from Lebanon to Iraq, it just seems an appropriate song.

I went on a 20-mile bike ride and came home late, so I'll be missing the Snakes on a Plane opening tonight. I'm far more excited for Little Miss Sunshine coming to the Dundee theater, but after this week at work, I'm anxious for a little m**herf**kin' escapism provided by the great Samual Jackson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy Desert said...

that is a great song. thanks for posting it.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home