Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lift me up...

I'm watching Sex in the City, sipping some vodka tonics and trying to fall asleep. I will go in for surgery tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. to repair some damage to my foot (ingrown toenail). With this surgery, hopefully I can start running and biking on a regular basis and do another triathalon this year.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad concerned. Since they're removing scar tissue (ok, last thing I will say to gross people out), they're putting me under for the invasive procedure. And while I have every intention of spending the rest of the day recovering with a few books and X-Men Legends on the X-Box, I can't help but think ... people die on the operating table. True, you could die just as easily on the road to work than on an operating table, but just the thought of going to sleep - and never waking up.

It got me thinking about stuff - namely what I would want to play at my funeral. If the funeral was decided by my mom, I would hear crap like "Wind Beneath My Wings" and Elvis Presley's "Amazing Grace." This can't happen.

So, hopefully people will eventually discover this blog and see that at my funeral - I want played...

The Verve - "Bittersweet Symphony"
Johnny Cash - "O, Bury Me Not"
Bob Dylan - "Gates of Eden"
The Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
and end on a high note with Neko Case's cover of "This Little Light"

Without sounding too morbid, has anyone else thought what they would want played at their funeral?

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy Desert said...

'Satisfied Mind,' the Jeff Buckley version.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home