Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's a lot like falling down...

Going through a major Whiskeytown phase right now. I listened to "Somebody Remembers The Rose" about six times on Whitey today (the name of my iPod). I'll confess - I'm going through some major withdrawl right now from my surrendered pup, especially since he's been sent back to the rescue group.

The lyrics for "Somebody Remembers The Rose" are as follows...

Somebody remembers the rose
While the other forgets how it grows
Would all the dangers
Would all the dangers of love
Lost to a stranger

Somebody remembers the dress
How it was hand sewn
Beautifully pressed
Would all the dangers
Would all the dangers of love
Lost to a stranger

Honey I’m out of service
For a while
Damaged heart’s been manufactured
And everyday this one never works anyway

Somebody remembers the rose
While the other forgets how it grows
Would all the dangers
Would all the dangers of love
Lost to a stranger

Honey I know you
Baby I know you
Yeah I know you

I so want to rescue him, but I know the situation would be the same. I would definitely risk eviction. The situation doesn't change the fact I currently hold two jobs (even though one's freelance). I know there was a powerful reason I surrendered him. It feels like a relationship - and I feel like the ex-boyfriend.

"Look, I know it wasn't perfect, but just give me a chance..."
"I know I screwed up - here's what I'm going to change - I don't care if I get evicted, just so that I'm with you - "
"It's going to be different"

But with most ex-situations, you know where this would end. So, with a major tug on my heart, I'm not moving in to take him. Just praying some family knows how lucky they would be if they picked him up.

Different topic -
Skipping Pride to see Bruce Springsteen.
See - told yah I was bisexual

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home