Monday, June 12, 2006

Pup, Pride and Springsteen

My surrendered pup was adopted this week to a loving family. Mom is a stay-at-home mom. She has four kids. They live in the country. The dad has a job that can afford the luxury of enabling the mom to stay at home, so I'm hopeful. It's painful letting go again, since I was entertaining the idea of losing my lease for that dog, but seriously, a big home and a person who can stay at home all day with the dog is what's best for the dog.

Went to Pride on Friday - and without criticizing the volunteers for doing an awesome job setting everything up and running things smoothly, I got bored quickly and wound up at Brother's nursing a vodka tonic. I guess I'm a geek/punk/quirkyalone before I'm a gay.

Went to see Bruce Springsteen in Des Moines on Saturday. Astounding. You hear that a Bruce Springsteen show is a concertgoing experience like no other. I can say that a Springsteen show surpasses any hype you hear about it. I think the show instantly wedged itself in my top 5 best concerts of all-time.

"Jesus Christ Was an Only Child" - Modest Mouse ***
"Lost in Space" - Aimee Mann ***** (thank you, iPod, for playing this today)
"Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp (live)" - Led Zep *****
"Heroin (live - 1969)" - The Velvet Underground *****
"Ruby Tuesday" - Rolling Stones *** (never been a big fave of mine, plus I hate the restaurant)
"The Ledge" - The Replacements ****
"Bath Water Blues" - The Reverened Horton Heat **
"Part of the Process" - Moorcheeba ****
"Meo Bloonasir" - Sigur Ros **
"Giant Steps (alternative version)" - John Coltrane *****
"Slow Fast Hazel" - Stereolab ***
"The Return of Clyde Smith (skit)" - Ghostface Killah **
"Ken Kaniff" - Eminem ***
"Temporary Like Achilles" - Bob Dylan *****
"Edge of the World" - Faith No More ***
"I Got You (At the End of the Century)" - Wilco *****
"No No No" Yeah Yeah Yeahs ****
"Like Suicide" - Soundgarden ***** (pulverizing ending courtesy of Matt Cameron)
"I Wish" - Stevie Wonder **** (damn you, Will Smith for bastardizing this song)
"Today's the Day" - Aimee Mann ***** (two classic Mann songs from the same album)
"Xylophone" - The Magnetic Fields ****
"Glosoli" - Sigur Ros *****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home