Monday, April 28, 2008

New York City Saga - Day 1

I don't think there's a sweeter word right now than 'Free Wireless Connectivity!'
I'm staying at a hotel around West 77th st. and the bastards are charging $10 a day for Wireless. Fortunately, I found out about Ruby Foo's - at 2182 Broadway. In addition to a decent selection of Japanese-style cuisine, they also have free Wireless and a decent glass of wine to boot.

I arrived and I was still tired and a bit hung over from the night before. One of my good friends got married and against my better judgment, I went out with them after the reception at around 11 p.m. - even though my flight was 8:30. A London Porter, a vodka tonic, a Jager bomb (not my idea, but two loud ladies were insistent) and two vodka tonics later, I managed to fall asleep around 2 a.m. - and I woke up around 6:15 for the 7 a.m. shuttle. I knew I was in trouble when I didn't have a headache. The hangover hadn't even started yet.

Anyway - I tried my best to sleep on the flights and I arrived in New York City around 8 p.m. I got to my hotel, got my Metro card and tried to find a Wireless spot, but to no avail. I ate an unagi rice bowl at some sushi spot and went to The Boiler Room. I was at home. First, the reality of $8.50 beers has so far escaped me. All drinks were around $3 and no covers. And the jukebox was playing The Velvet Underground and The Sex Pistols. And it's a gay bar.

Today, I was going to see Ground Zero, but the deluge of rain may keep me from doing that. After I finish a bit of blogging, and this glass of wine, I'm headed to MOMA then a few hours later, I'm going to catch The Verve.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home