Monday, March 31, 2008

Exile in Guyville getting the deluxe treatment

It looks like Liz Phair's seminal Exile in Guyville album is getting the deluxe treatment. Here's the link to the Pitchfork article about the rereleased album, which is supposed to hit the streets

The rerelease will feature interviews by Ira Glass, John Cusak and Steve Albani. The album will also feature some unreleased tracks. Right now, I'll take any Liz Phair rerelease (up to Whitechocolatespaceegg) than any new album of her more suburban-friendly "mom rock."

Each time I see these rereleases, I think how much of a sucker I am for these in-depth, filled-to-the-gills "deluxe editions." I bought the double-CD rerelease of Pulp's This is Hardcore, His and Hers and Different Class. I restrained myself from buying Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation and DJ Shadow's Endtroducing. But I will likely cave for Exile in Guyville. It is the inspiration for this site. It's still has my vote for "best album of the '90s" and it's mercifully hasn't aged much since its release. Plus, my CD copy is scratched to hell. A new purchase of it was long overdue.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home