Saturday, July 07, 2007

On 7/7/07...

Whenever these dates comes up, I always get a bit nostalgic for Morphine (the band, not the drug).

The reason? Just his lyrics to "French Fries With Pepper," off their album Like Swimming:

On 6-6-66 I was little I didn't know shit

on 7-7-77 eleven years later still don't know any better

by 8-8-88 it's way too late for me to change

and by 9-9-99 I hope I'm sittin' on the back porch drinkin' red

wine singin' Ohhhhhh French Fries with Pepper!

Ohhhhh French Fries with Pepper!

This photo was part of the Boston Phoenix's memorial to Sandman. Check it out at:
http://bostonphoenix.com/archive/music/99/07/08/MARK_SANDMAN.html


Mark Sandman

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home