Monday, April 02, 2007

CDs and Baseball

No matter how bad work is today, the fact that baseball season is kicking off has put me in a good mood. Wish I would have known about the Boston/Kansas City Royals game - I would have taken off work in a second to see that - but my vacation days are already thinning - I booked a trip to Tucson to check out some job leads.

It looks like I'll be saving on average of about $40 a month now that CD Warehouse has closed it doors. I know it's a chain, but the closing did leave a slight lump in my throat. About a third of my 600-plus collection of CDs came from that place over the past six years. There would always be a brand-new release that you could find used on a Wednesday or Thursday from a disgruntled fan. Some of my proudest purchases...

Luscious Jackson - In Search of Manny ($3.99)
PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love ($3.99 - my third copy of that CD)
Neneh Cherry - Homebrew ($2.99)
Beck - Mutations ($7.99)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tedj said...

Why the heck doesn't Omaha have a team?

1:53 PM  
Blogger Dave Splash said...

Hey. Not sure if I saw you or not at the Elvis Perkins show. I was at the back bar pretty much the whole night and didn't venture out too much. Were you there?

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home